Top 45 SEO Questions
1) What is SEO and introduce its types?
Ans) Search Engine Optimization or SEO could be a method of keep ever-changing the position of an internet page or website during a program results by victimization keywords or phrases.
Two Types of SEO are:
1. On Page Optimization
2. Off Page Optimization
2) What are the SEO tools do you use?
Ans) The SEO tools that I exploit area unit Google analytic, Keyword Planner, Alexa, open web site human, Google Webmaster.
3) What do you mean by Backlink?
Ans) The incoming links to your website or web page area unit cited as Backlink.
It is also called as an inbound link.
4) What are outbound Links?
Ans) The outward links are a Links, from your web site to a different webpage or web site.
5) Can you tell me something about Googlebot?
Ans) Googlebot is a Web Spider that is used to index and update a webpage. Googlebot collects the details from the webpage and does Caching, Crawling and indexing of a webpage.
6) What is Cross-linking and what is the function of Crosslinking?
- Cross-linking is that the method of linking one website to a different site.
- It provides the users with reference sites that contain the content associated with the search.
- The 2 websites cross-linking don’t be closely-held by identical person.
- In alternative words, cross-linking may be a barter whereby I link to you and you link to me.
- It may well be a 2-way link or 3-way link. In a 2 way link site A links to site B and site B links to site A. In a 3 way link, site A links to site B, site B links to site C and site C links to site A.
7) What is the main purpose of using keyword in SEO?
Ans) Keyword could be a single word, and whereas a mix of these keywords makes phrases. These keywords or phrases square measure employed by the search engines to populate the themes over the web.
Search engine stores keywords within the information, and once search is finished, it’ll return up with the most effective attainable match
8) Can you mention the functions of body content relevance?
Ans) Whenever there’s a text that doesn’t have pictures on the net page is referred as body content connection or non-image text. It helps in sensible improvement of the sites and additionally to enhance your ranking within the computer programme.
9) What are Spiders, Robots and Crawlers and what are their functions?
Ans) Spiders, mechanism and crawler, they are all same and referred by utterly totally different names.
It is a code program that follows, or “Crawls” completely different links throughout the web, then grabs the content from the sites and adds to the computer programme indexes.
10) What does it mean if nothing appears on doing search on the domain?
Ans) On doing search on your domain and if nothing seems then there ar 3 potentialities.
- May be the positioning is against the law by search engines.
- May be no index by search engines
- Some canonical issues
11)What is keyword stemming?
Ans) The process of looking for new keywords from the foundation keyword from the search question is referred as keywords stemming.
Adding a prefix, suffix, or pluralization may be accustomed produce the new keyword.
12) Name some SEO blogs that you frequently read?
- Google Webmaster Central
- Search Engine Land
- Search Engine Journal
13) What do you mean by Cloaking?
Ans) Cloaking could be a deceptive manner of optimizing your web site for search. In this technique, a different content will be show to the search engine crawaler than what is presented to the end users.
14) How many types of Meta Tags are there in SEO and what are their characters limits?
Ans) There square measure chiefly for forms of Meta tags in SEO.
- Meta Description tag with 1200 pixels limits
- Meta Keyword tag
- Title Tag with 600 pixels limits
- Meta Robots
15) How many characters limits in & Meta Description tag?
Ans) We can add seventy characters in title tag and 222 characters in Meta Description tag. Though google now places a pizel limit.
16) What is Google Sandbox?
Ans) Google sandbox is associate degree notional space wherever new websites and their search rating square measure placed on hold till they prove worthy for ranking.
In different words, it checks the quality of the web site.
17) Tell me something about Black Hat SEO?
Ans) In order to urge a high ranking in computer program result page, websites choose numerous ways and techniques that square measure characterized by 2 classes. One technique that’s acceptable by computer program tips is understood as White Hat SEO, whereas the opposite technique that isn’t acceptable by computer program tips is understood as Black Hat SEO.
18) Name few Black Hat SEO techniques?
- Link Farming
- Hidden text, etc.
- Gateway or Doorway pages
- Keyword Stuffing
19) Can you differentiate between ‘nofollow’ and ‘dofollow’ link?
Ans) Nofollow links don’t pass Link juice and don’t have any impact on Google Ranking rule.
Dofollow link passes link juice and has an effect on Google Ranking rule.
20) What is the difference between PR (page rank) and SERP (Search engine result page)?
Ans) Page rank is calculated on the idea of quality inward links from different web site or webpages to our webpage or an internet site. SERP (Search Engine Result page) is that the placement of the web site or web-pages that is came by the programmers a quest question or attribute.
21) Why the Title Tag in website is valuable?
Ans) Title tags are terribly essential in SEO, because it tells concerning the contents there online page. Through title tags alone the program will tell the user, what is there inside the page.
22) What is considered as more significant, creating content or building backlinks?
Ans) Both are necessary, making quality content is equally necessary to assembling backlinks. Although, building backlinks are helpful in building authority to a website and for ranking similarly, quality content is that the initial part that’s thought-about to be more experienced
23) Can you mention the difference between SEO and SEM?
Ans) SEM (Search Engine Marketing), it’s used for the promotion of web site through paid advertising by increasing their visibility in computer program Result Page (SERP) within the Ads section.
While SEO is optimizing website|the location|the positioning to extend the organic ranking of a site.
24) What do you know about LSI?
Ans) LSI stands for Latent Semantic Indexing.
This technique is established to get the information by relating the word to its nighest counterparts or to its similar context.
For example, if you’re looking out one thing with a keyword “CAR” it’ll show all the connected things like classic cars, automobile auctions, Bentley automobile, race etc.
25) How will you cross-check whether your SEO campaign is working or not?
Ans) To check whether or not your SEO campaign is functioning or not, the primary approach is to ascertain the websites statistics, that tells you regarding the origin of traffic.
The other means of checking is to create a research supported the relevant keywords and key phrases and appearance for the search result.
The number of search result can tell you whether or not your SEO campaign is functioning or not.
26) What is the meaning of competitive analysis?
Ans) Competitive analysis will the comparison, between the web site i’m optimizing, and also the web site that’s hierarchic extremely in search results.
27) What will be your next steps if your SEO methods or technique does not work?
Ans) My initial try would to do analysis the matter and resolve them step by step. Firstly i’d try and see whether or not it’s a brand new project, so wish to re-check the key words. Also, I would look for relevant key-words that can be helpful. Even though the webpage and web site has been indexed well and still not showing on the primary ten pages of programme result page, then i’d build some changes in page text, titles and description. If website is not indexed well or dropped from the index, than it might comprises serious issues and re-work might be required.
28) What is PPC?
Ans) PPC stands for Pay Per Click and could be a sign campaign hosted by Google. It is metameric into 2 modules CPC ( price per click) and CPM ( price per thousand impressions) through flat rate and bidding severally.
In CPC, if the user clicks on the advert, solely then the adman are going to be charged.
29) What is 301 redirect?
Ans) It is a way by that the user is redirected to new page computer address to previous page computer address .
It is a permanent redirect and it’s additionally helpful in leading link juice to new computer address from previous computer address .
30) What are Webmaster tools?
Ans) Webmaster tool is a service provided by Google from where you can get backlink information, crawl errors, search queries, Indexing data, CTR etc.
31) What is keyword density and what is the formula for knowing keyword density?
Ans) From SEO purpose of read, keyword density will certainly facilitate to square out your content from others.
The formula to grasp the keyword density is ( Total variety of keyword/ total variety of words in your article) multiply by a hundred.
32) What is robots.txt?
Ans) Robots.txt is a text file.
It is through this file, it offers instruction to go looking engine crawlers regarding classification and caching of a webpage, file of a web site or directory, domain.
33) What will you do, for the company website you are working for, decides to move all the contents to new domain?
Ans) The first step would be to update the previous web site with a permanent send to new page for all the pages. After that, i will be able to take away the previous content from computer programme so as to avoid duplicate content problems.
34) Can you optimize the website which has pages in millions?
Ans) From SEO purpose of read, for dynamic web site, special further SEO stuffs have to be compelled to be enforced.
- Good Internal link structure
- Generation of dynamic title and description
- Dynamic XML sitemap generation
35) What is the latest update in SEO?
Ans) Panda and Penguin are the latest update in SEO.
36) What are the key aspects of Panda update?
Ans) Panda is to improve the search in Google.
The latest version has centered on quality content, correct style, correct speed, correct use of pictures and plenty of a lot of.
37) What are the key aspects of Penguin update?
Ans) Penguin is the code name for Google algorithm.
Its main target is to decrease the ranking of that web site that are violating the Google Webmaster tips. These tips are desecrated by exploitation black hat techniques like cloaking and stuffing.
38) How will you neutralize a toxic link to your site?
Ans) Through Backlink Quality Checker you’ll apprehend UN agency links to your web site. Now, you’ve got to travel to ‘ deadly link’ report, wherever you’ll notice all the links, that square measure harmful to your websites.
If there is any link in ‘ Toxic link report’ that matches with the link on your website, then you can remove it by using ‘Google Disavov tool’.
39) Mention how can you check if someone is not building or re-directing a low-quality backlink to your site?
Ans) To prevent someone from building or re-directing a low-quality links to your site, you can use tools like,
2. Open Site Explorer
On regular intervals, you can either request the webmaster to get rid of the unhealthy link or deny them.
40) How backlink tools work?
Ans) Backlink tools runs a series of tests to inform you the way several backlinks square measure inform to the weblink you entered.
Additional data is additionally being collected like anchor text used, Domain Authority & Trust of the backlink supply, and any potential flags or warnings for every individual link.
41) Mention how often should you perform a link audit?
Ans) A link audit could also be tedious and sophisticated method.
If you’ve got simply started on building links you’ll do audit very often.
But an entire link audit ought to be done about once a year.
42) Mention what do you understand by Frames in HTML?
Ans) A Frame in HTML is a technique that divides the content of a page onto several parts. Search engines take into account Frames as utterly completely different pages and will have a negative impact on SEO.
We should avoid the usage of Frames and use basic markup language instead.
43) Mention which is the most important area to include your keywords?
Ans) The most vital space to incorporate your keywords square measure,
1. Page title
2. Body text
3. Meta Description
44) What if your website is banned by the search engines for black hat practices?
Ans) If your website is banned by the search engines for black hat practices, you can apply for re-inclusion after correcting your wrong doings.
45) Mention what will be your approach if your SEO method don’t work?
Ans) If the SEO technique doesn’t work then do the subsequent
- First see whether or not it’s a replacement project then re-check the keywords
- Then hunt for relevant keywords that may be useful
- Make changes in page text, title and description
- If still not hierarchic then there is also another serious problems like unhealthy links, penguin/panda or different Google penalty, crawlability problems, UI issue etc.